This post was inspired by a fellow blogger, thanks AstridOxford for the suggestion. Is your hair prone to dryness, frizz, breakage and dandruff? Why not consider prepooing? Are you prepooing the right way and with the right products?
Prepooing is the process of applying oil, conditioner or some other treatment to the hair before shampooing. It is a process you should include to your wash day regimen. Prepooing makes hair softer, frizz free, shiny etc.
Read also: How to start your natural hair journey
What are the benefits?
- Moisture retention: If you have a hard time retaining moisture in your hair, prepooing can be just what your hair needs. Dry hair can be as a result of hair products containing drying ingredients such as sodium laryl sulfate which can be found in most shampoos.Since prepooing is done before shampooing it can reduce the natural oils stripped by shampoo.
- Detangling: Prepooing makes detangling a breeze, hair tangles become easier to remove and there is less shedding.
- Fights dandruff: Dandruff can be as a result of dry scalp, prepooing especially with oils will moisturize your scalp and also reduce dandruff flakes.
- Soft and shiny hair: Wants soft and shiny hair, prepooing will give you just that.
- Reduces growth: Frizz can be annoying and can make hair messy, you can get rid of it with prepooing.
- Less breakage: If you are experiencing breakage, prepooing during your wash days can really cut down on breakage.
- Promotes hair growth: Prepooing can also help with hair growth.