There are some tools that you need to have for a smooth natural hair journey. These tools are essential whether you are a new natural, transitioning or have been natural for years.
- Hairbands: These are necessary for creating cute buns and afro puffs. Make sure you avoid rubber band as this will snap your hair off each time you use it.
- Satin scarfs or satin bonnets: Satin scarfs or satin bonnets is a must for keeping the moisture in your hair at night when you are sleeping. Also silk or satin scarfs can be worn out on bad hair days.
- Hair clips/clamps: When you need to section your hair for a style e.g braids, twists, bantu knots etc or when detangling you can make use of hair clips to prevent a section of hair getting in the way of another.
- Bobby pins: These are saviours on bad hair days. Also, you need them for some styles such as roll, tuck and pin style. You can never have enough bobby pins
- Spray bottle: If you don’t joke with moisturizing, you must have a spray bottle for spraying water or leave in conditioner on your hair.
- Shower cap: A shower cap is a must in your natural hair journey, you need it while deep conditioning your hair or when you need just a little bit of moisture in your hair.
- Cotton T-shirt: Using a cotton towel for drying your hair after a wash can make it frizz out. Your best bet is a cotton t-shirt, gently squeeze out excess water with this t-shirt. An old t-shirt will work just fine, you don’t have to buy a new one.
- Rattail Comb: You need this to part your hair neatly while styling. Rattail comb should not been used for combing natural hair because of its fine tooth which can cause breakage.
- Wide tooth comb: This is essential for combing and detangling your hair. It makes your hair easier to work with.
What are your must have tools for natural hair journey? I will like to hear your answers.
Please don’t leave this page without liking, commenting on and sharing this post. Thanks so much for reading