Honey is a natural sweetener with lots of health benefits. Not only is it good for your health but can fix some of your beauty problems such as acne, hyperpigmentation etc. It is produced by bees and is actually their waste products.
If you are yet to include honey in your natural beauty skincare regimen, you are really missing out of its numerous amazing beauty benefits.
Read also: Health benefits of honey
Some of the beauty benefits of honey
- Get rid of acne: Acne can have different causes such as hormonal changes, bacteria etc. Honey has antibacterial and antiinflammatory properties that can help get rif of acne. Pour little honey on a cotton swab and rub gently on your face, wash off after 30 to 60 mins. Do this for about 2 weeks to see best results
- Fades scar: A scar on the body can be embarrassing and make you always cover the affected part. Honey has healing properties that can help fade scars.
- Brighten complexion: If your complexion appears too dull, including honey in your skincare regimen can help brighten your skin up naturally.
- Reduce hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation makes part of your skin darker e.g face than other parts because of increased melanin production and prolonged sun exposure. Honey can help reduce the area of hyperpigmentation and give you an even skin tone when used overtime.
- Moisturizing: Honey is very good for moisturizing your skin especially if you have a dry skin
- Reduce clogged pores: Pores can get clogged as a result of of dirt, makeup etc. Applying honey can help you get rid of clogged pores.
- Cleanser: Why waste money on expensive cleanser containing harmful chemicals for your skin? Honey is effective in removing dirts and impurities from your face. Squeeze half a lemon and mix with a spoon of honey for effective results, the mixture shouldn’t be used everyday because lemon has bleaching properties.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin c remove dead skin cells. Honey when used with other ingredients such as lemon, sugar, baking soda, salt etc makes a good and effective exfoliant for your skin.
- Softens hair: Honey is one of the best conditioner for your hair. After rinsing off the shampoo, apply honey all through your hair, cover with a shower cap, leave for 30 to 60 mins, then wash off. For extra conditioning, you can include aloe vera gel.
- Boosts hair shine: Dull and dry hair can be combated with honey. Honey boosts hair shine and also moisturizes your hair.
- Helps with skin conditions: Honey can help treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, sunburns, skin burns etc.
- Glowing skin: A glowing skin makes you look perfect without or with little makeup. Honey can give your skin an healthy glow.
- Helps with wrinkles: Do you have wrinkles on your forehead? Honey can help reduce wrinkles when used religiously overtime.
Thanks so much for reading. Do you always include honey in your skincare? How do you use honey for your beauty needs?
Please don’t leave this page without commenting on and sharing this post. Also follow my facebook page.