Doing an egg mask on your hair can greatly improve your hair condition and manageability. Egg is one of the great ingredients you can use on your hair. Eggs are rich in protein, vitamins fatty acids and other nutrients that promote the health of your hair.
Egg mask is the process of applying egg alone or egg with other ingredients to your hair to combat some hair issues such as breakage, slow hair growth, dandruff etc.
When it comes to conditioning hair with eggs there are different opinions, some people believe the egg yolk or white alone should be used while some use both. Just try both methods out and see what works best for your hair.
Benefits of egg mask
- Strengthens hair
- Promotes hair growth
- Reduce breakage
- Softens hair
- Boosts hair shine
- Makes hair more manageable
- Combat frizz
- Helps with split ends
Read also: 7 signs of a bad natural hair stylist
What you need
- 1 or more eggs depending on your hair length
- 1-2 spoons of mayonnaise
- 1 -2 spoons of honey
- 1-2 spoons of olive or coconut oil
- Shower cap
- Small bowl
- Cotton T-shirt
Read also: Dandruff, causes and home remedies
How to do an egg mask treatment
- Detangle your hair from ends to root and put in about 6 sections
- Prepoo your hair
- Mix your ingredients together with a spoon in a small bowl
- Shampoo your hair as usual
- Rinse off the shampoo thoroughly.
- Use a cotton T-shirt to squeeze out excess water from your hair.
- Apply the mask generously on your hair from ends to roots. Concentrate more on your ends of you have split ends.
- Put on a shower cap
- Sit under a hooded hair dryer or wrap a hot towel round your shower cap to generate heat, this will increase the penetration of the egg into your scalp. You can also use your shower cap alone and generate heat with your body
- Allow the mix to sit in your hair for about 30 minutes. Keeping egg in your hair for too long cam weaken your strands
- Wash off the mask thoroughly with cool water. Avoid using hot water as this can cook the egg in your hair.
- Dry your hair and apply oil all over your hair when still damp to lock in moisture.