You can’t stop thinking about how cool it is to have a flat belly or better still 6 packs. You check your own belly and all you can see is a big embarrassing protrusion. Then you ask yourself “Why can’t I get a flat belly like Mr A”. Your overindulgence in beer consumption is to be blamed for the belly fat.
The good news is that you can get rid of that big belly. The best and safest way to do that is through exercise and healthy meals.
Going from beer to flat belly
- Aerobic (Cardiovascular) exercise: Aerobic exercises are the type that race your heartbeat and makes your breathing heavy. They burn fat fast and effectively. Examples include running, dancing, cycling, walking swimming etc. Aerobic exercise often involve all your body parts and can be either high or low intensity. Doing this type of exercise for 30 minutes every 3 to 4 days can greatly reduce belly fat.
- Healthy eating: Exercising has a major role to play in burning fats but the effect isn’t enough without eating healthy. Strive to stick to healthy foods. Eat more of fruits and vegetables, unprocessed and gluten free foods. Reduce your sugar and other artificial sweeteners intake. Ensure you eat early each day i.e before 9am and light food at night before 7-8pm or 3 hours before bedtime. Also, while taking beer, avoid eating fried or fatty foods with it, opt for healthier food choices instead. Eat more of protein and less of carbohydrates. All these will help cut down your beer belly.
- Quitting or reducing beer consumption: The best way to see a significant drop in your beer belly is to quit beer intake. This might be difficult for some so the best alternative is to reduce the number of bottles of beer you consume. If you habitually drink about 4 to 6 bottles of beer in a day, try to reduce it to 1-2 bottles.
- Strength training exercise: This is the type of exercise that help build your muscle mass. Some strength training exercises can be done at home without instruments like weight. Examples include planks, crunches, Russian twists, pushups, sit ups and some yoga moves. Muscles help you burn calories and fat fast with less stress. To build muscles effectively, you must get rid of excess fats first.
- Adequate water intake: Drinking enough water each day help get rid of toxins from our body system on form of urine and sweat. Adequate water intake makes your whole body perform maximally and it also help burn fat. Drinking about 2 cups of water before meals help you become full on time and eat less. Sometimes, the brain interpret thirst as hunger, you may feel very hungry but might actually be thirsty instead. The best way to stop the confusion is to drink enough water and see if your craving for food persists. Replace your soda, processed juices and alcohol intake with water to see a major improvement in your belly.