It is the season of mangoes!!! Mango is known worldwide as the king of fruits. It is a delicious and succulent fruit with lot of benefits. It is a drupe fruit, scientific name is Mangifera Indica and belongs to the family, Anacardiaceae. It originated from Indian and has spread all over the world.
Mango is rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants. It has different colours and varieties.
Health benefits of mango
- Improves brain function: Mango contains Vitamin B6 and gluthamic acid which boost brain function and promotes sleep.
- Immunity: High Vitamin C in mango helps boost immunity against infections.
- Vision: Mango promotes good vision, prevents night blindness and dry eye because of its Vitamin A content.
- Reduces cancer risk: Antioxidants such as isoquercitrin, astragalin etc in mango reduce the risk of cancer.
- Helps with anemia: Mango is rich in iron which is necessary for production of hemoglobin that transport oxygen throughout the bloodstream.
- Alkalizes the body: Tartaric, malic and citric acid in mangoes alkalizes the whole body.
- Digestion: The fiber in mango helps with digestion and relieves constipation.
- Heat stroke: When suffering from heat stroke i.e. overheating of the body, eating mango can greatly serve as a relief.
- Treats high blood pressure: Mango is rich in potassium which regulates blood pressure level.
- Pregnancy: Iron in mango helps with development of the foetus.
Beauty Benefits of Mango
- Remove blackheads: Use mango peel with sugar as a scrub on your face and neck to get rid of blackheads.
- Treatment for dandruff: Make a mango puree and add a little bit of lemon juice and apply on the affected part, wash off after 30 minutes.
- Softens hair: Apply blended mango on your hair, cover with a shower cap for about 20 minutes and wash off to get a super soft hair.
- Anti-aging: Apply mango peels on your face to get rid of wrinkles.
- Exfoliation: Mash a ripe mango with oatmeal and apply all over your skin, wash off after 30 minutes to remove dead skin cells.
- Clears the skin: Mango peel can unclog pores and treat pimples.
How you can enjoy mango
- Mango salsa
Thanks for reading.