Pursuit of Natural is a blog you need to follow, if you are into natural hair and arts. Also, she is such an amazing person. She made a portrait of me that I’m truly grateful for, check it out below.
The Rules: It goes for all hair types… From straight to the coiliest, kinkiest strands.
- Put the logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Mention the creator of the Hair Tag and link their blog.
- Answer the Hair Tag Questions plus the additional question asked by your nominee
- You have to nominate 5-10 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 2 questions of your choice.
- Post your picture on Instagram and Tag @de-naturelle for a repost or use the hash tag #denaturelle
- Reblog their Response (optional)
- Tell us a little about you? What do you do with your spare time? My name is Adeyoola, I am a Nigerian and of yoruba tribe. I’m also a registered nurse. For my spare time, I surf the internet, watch movies, chat, blog or write.
- Are you natural? Yes, I’m natural and lover of all things natural including skincare and health
- How long have you been natural? I have been natural for 2 years, 8 months.
- Why did you go natural? My hair doesn’t relax fully, get burnt easily, breaks and very difficult to manage.
- Was anyone against your decision? How did you surpass it? My two sisters, some friends and senior colleagues etc. I surpassed it by always remembering why I went natural and I was just very decisive.
- What’s your hair type and how do you manage it? My hair is 4c, I prepoo ,deep condition weekly or biweekly and also use the LOC method daily or every other day.
- How do you keep your hair moisturized and healthy? I trim split ends when necessary, do a protein treatment once or twice a month, I also deep condition and use the LOC method.
- What are your go to natural hair products? Are you a DIY fan? Do you have hair goals? My go to natural hair products are water, sheabutter, coconut or olive oil. Yes, I’m a DIY fan from diy leave in conditioner to diy deep conditioner. My first hair goal is to ensure my hair is super healthy and serve as a muse to others. Also, I want to grow my 4c hair below mid back if not waist length.
- How do you style your hair? I do two strand twists, afro, afropuffs, bantu knots, updos, roll, tuck and pin.
- What’s your favourite protective hairstyle to do? Twists, with or without extension.
- Do you use heat on your hair? How do you prevent heat damage? Since I have been natural, I’m yet to use heat on my hair.
- Do you hairxperiment? How crazy can you go with your hair? I hairxperiment a lot, recently, I tried banana and onion diy deep conditioner, I ended up with lot of particles on my hair. I guess I didn’t blend the mixture well enough. I couldn’t get the particles off my hair at once, I decided to braid my hair and wear a wig for the week instead.
- Have you faced any challenge as a natural? Of course, I have, tangles, knots, breakage, split ends and even the most annoying, slow growth.
- How do you manage bad hair days? For bad hair days I opt for a wig, or a headscarf. I hate bad hair days a lot.
- Can you share with us your thoughts on natural hair and relaxed hair? I believe you are the only one to decide however you want your hair to be, be it relaxed or natural. In my own opinion, I believe natural hair represents African’s heritage.
- What hair rules have you stuck to as a natural? Moisturizing with LOC method, wearing satin scarf before sleeping, finger detangling and combing. My hair hates comb.
- Can you share with us some pics of you counting your hair strands? Be creative.
- Where can we find you? Blog: www.doingitnaturalblog.wordpress.com and www.doingitnaturalblog.com. Instagram: @doingitnaturalblog Facebook page: Doing it Natural Blog Pinterest: Adeyoola Adegoke.
- What do you have to say to the the new, upcoming and already naturals? Firstly, natural hair is beautiful and natural hair community is one of the best. There are so many natural friends you can make and learn from. Whenever you are facing challenges in your hair journey, feel free to ask other naturals, most of us have experienced same. Don’t let anyone intimidate or put you down because of your natural hair. Try to find out what works for your natural hair, most common rules or methods might not be for you.
Pursuit of Natural Questions
- What hairstyle took you the most attempts to get right? That would be bantu knots.
- If you could have someone else do one step in your hair care regimen for you, which step would that be? That would be finger detangling after 2 months of wearing a protective styles.
- What’s your favourite thing about being natural?
- What is your say about shrinkage?