Most of us skip this important and expedient part of our skincare routine.Exfoliating shouldn’t be circumscript to the face but should be done all over the body.
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead or dry skin cells from the skin. It has loads of benefit for our skin appearance and also helps with some skin conditions.
Dead skin cells should be exfoliated once or twice a week preferably with natural or home remedies for a beautiful smooth skin. With regular exfoliation, you seldomly need to wear makeup everyday and you feel more comfortable without worrying about dark spots, acne etc.
Read also: 9 easy natural ways to exfoliate your skin
Benefits of exfoliating.
- Even skin tone: Hyperpigmentation makes a part of the skin appear darker than other parts. Exfoliating regularly, can remove all dark spots giving you an overall even skin tone.
- Glowing skin: Exfoliation increase blood circulation to the skin making it look healthy and glowing..
- Reduce clogged pores: Pores are the small opening in the skin, they can get clogged with oil, dirt and dead skin cells. You can reduce the clogged pores through exfoliation.
- Removes blemishes and acne: Regular exfoliation can get rid of blemishes and acne on your face giving you a flawless skin.
- Reduce wrinkles: Wrinkles which can also be as a result of dead skin cells can also be reduced with exfoliation.
- Helps with dry skin: People with dry skin often get flakes on their skin, this can be easily removed by exfoliating.
- Better shaving and prevent razor bumps: Exfoliating before shaving gives you a better shave and reduce risk of razor bumps.
- Absorption: Skincare products get easily absorbed on the skin and works better with regular exfoliation.
After exfoliating, use a natural moisturized such as shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil etc. Also do not expose your skin for long to sun rays after exfoliating for 24 hours.
I will soon write a post on how to exfoliate and best natural products for exfoliating. Thanks for reading and please share.
Do you exfoliate? Do you know any other benefits of exfoliating? Pleae drop your comments in the comment box. Thanks.